Highly pigmented, velvety-matte, ultra-fine powders for shading, creating depth and lining eyes. Long-wearing, crease-resistant colors glide on smoothly and evenly and blend effortlessly. Can be applied sheer or layered for a more dramatic effect.
- True color application
- Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for heightened intensity
- Multi-function use for shading, lining and brow color
- Rich, vivid shade range, with ultra-matte finish
Matte eyeshadows are great for helping to define the eye. A good rule of thumb is to follow the natural shape of the eye. You can widen the eye by extending the color out towards the temple or open the eye by blending towards the brow bone.
- Matte eyeshadows give the most depth, contour, dimension, and shape to the eye. Nothing is more elegant than a matte, smokey eye! –James Boehmer, Director of Global Artistry
- I love to use a Matte Eyeshadow as a base lid color and then work the other eye colors around it. It softens the look of shimmer shadows especially for clients concerned with wrinkles on the eye. –Lisa Leseur, National Makeup Stylist
- Apply Matte Eyeshadows in a light shade and then a darker shade for a smooth, velvety finish with no frost. –Jenny Smith, National Makeup Stylist
- To make a matte shadow really pop on the lid, use the Eye Shader Brush to press the color onto the lid until the desired intensity is achieved. –Jason Hoffman, Lead Trainer
Matte Eyeshadow is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Neets from Disappointed Although i do love Nars matte eyeshadows that i have purchased over the years because they are highly pigmented and last all day long, I feel that my money was wasted on "Gorgeous". I applied a couple of layers using the 'wet' method, and then took peeks several times during the day in different mirrors (home, restroom at work, my powder compact at my desk, etc) and saw no color at all! So i guess if you want an eye shadow that looks as though you're not wearing any eyeshadow at all, Gorgeous is the one to spend your $25 on. Very disappointed. If i hadnt dug into mine to much in an attempt to get color on my lids, I'd be returning this one for a full refund. Sorry Nars. Love your shadows but this one needs to go! :(
Date published: 2014-11-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jeweltones from Love! Great shade! I can't stop reaching for this eyeshadow ever since I got it. I was looking for a cool tone taupe color for everyday, and this shadow with its beautiful lavender gray shade, was exactly what I was looking for. I put on a light wash in the day, or build it up for a smoky eye in the evening. It blends easily into other colors, and I love pairing this with the dual intensity Lysithea to glam out and take things up a notch.
Date published: 2014-11-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by ginger74 from Perfect shade Unlike the other reveiwer, D. Gorgeous is the best eyeshadow shade I've had, I wear it every day now. I think it really depends on your skin and eyes, what looks horrible on one person will look totally different on the next.
Date published: 2014-12-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Roxysecrets78 from Stunning Eyeshadow I bought this eyeshadow in Persia a few weeks ago and I've been wearing it just about every day. It's super pigmented with no significant fallout. It blends really well and it just adds a beautiful pop of color to my eyeshadow look. It's super flattering on my medium-yellow under toned complexion. I have also used it as a blush and I love it!! I bought back up of this color as I'm obsessed with it. Definitely worth the money!
Date published: 2014-12-21